- Artist Susan Lordi hand carves the original of each Willow Tree piece from her studio in Kansas City, MO. This piece is cast from Susan's original carving and painted by hand.
- Since 1999, Susan Lordi has worked in partnership with DEMDACO to produce, market and distribute Willow Tree, her line of carved, figurative sculptures
- This hand-painted figure communicates through gesture, to represent an emotion or mark a memory. Willow Tree sculptures express love, closeness, healing, courage, hope...all the emotions of a life well lived.
- Packaged in fitted box ready for gift-giving; Includes enclosure card with Title and Sentiment, Resilient, determined, courageous and beautiful... You have the qualities to transform your world
- Measures approx. 6.5 inches high x 7.4 inches wide x 8.1 inches deep; Hand-painted resin figurine for display on a shelf, table or mantel. Dust with soft brush or cloth. Avoid water or cleaning solvents.
When I think of the monarch butterfly, I am reminded of courage and strength in the face of adversity. A magical metamorphosis...from tiny egg to hungry caterpillar to brilliant chrysalis spotted with gold, the butterfly finally emerges a dazzling beauty. Delicate and fragile, yet determined and resilient, it forges its way for hundreds of miles along a migration route of obstacles and erratic weather patterns, compelled to complete its miraculous journey. I see the monarch butterfly as a true metaphor for the desire in each of us to be our best, to live resiliently, to thrive, to make a positive difference in the world."