- Artist Susan Lordi hand carves the original of each Willow Tree piece from her studio in Kansas City, MO. This piece is cast from Susan's original carving and painted by hand.
- Since 1999, Susan Lordi has worked in partnership with DEMDACO to produce, market and distribute Willow Tree, her line of carved, figurative sculptures
- This hand-painted figure communicates through gesture, to represent an emotion or mark a memory. Willow Tree sculptures express love, closeness, healing, courage, hope...all the emotions of a life well lived.
- Packaged in fitted box ready for gift-giving; Includes enclosure card with Title and Sentiment, Celebrating the bond of love between mothers and sons
- Measures approx. 8 inches high x 4.9 inches wide x 3.9 inches deep; Hand-painted resin figurine for display on a shelf, table or mantel. Dust with soft brush or cloth. Avoid water or cleaning solvents.
ÃI was thinking about the relationship between a mother and a son of about nine or ten Ã that certain age when boys start fiercely asserting their independence Ã and resisting hugs and kisses from their mothers. And yet, at the same time, secretly needing and wanting them. I wanted this sculpture to express that push and pull. Liking the touch but at the same time, pulling away.Ã Susan Lordi