- Artist Susan Lordi hand carves the original of each Willow Tree piece from her studio in Kansas City, MO. This piece is cast from Susan's original carving and painted by hand
- Since 1999, Susan Lordi has worked in partnership with DEMDACO to produce, market and distribute Willow Tree, her line of carved, figurative sculptures
- This hand-painted figure communicates through gesture, to represent an emotion or mark a memory. Willow Tree sculptures express love, closeness, healing, courage, hope...all the emotions of a life well lived.
- Packaged in fitted box ready for gift-giving; Includes enclosure card with Title and Sentiment, Lots to learn to love to grow together
- Measures approx. 2.5 inches high x 2 inches wide x 2 inches deep; Hand-painted resin figurine for display on a shelf, table or mantel. Dust with soft brush or cloth. Avoid water or cleaning solvents.
One of my favorite photos, taken long ago, is of my then-toddler daughter holding her newborn brother in exactly this pose. She is holding onto the baby with her entire body her gesture communicating possession as well as pride and wonder. As the days and weeks passed, a little bit of big-sister jealousy crept in... Growing up together, they had to work things out... the push and pull, all the spats that siblings go through... gradually learning to love and support one another, until eventually discovering... they are each other's greatest gift." Susan Lordi