The light and airy tones of this Habitats Chime create a lively feeling and celebrate the variety of nature around us. From butterflies to blue whales, the Earth teems with life. Areas that sustain life are called habitats, and each habitat is part of an interconnected system that makes the richness of our life on Earth possible. Hummingbirds live in a variety of environments, including cities and grasslands, deserts and meadows. Wherever they live, they spend their days looking for nectar to drink, food to eat, and a significant other. Our Habitats Chimes easily inhabit both indoor and outdoor settings and help those in earshot to keep balance with their environment. Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- This stunning quartet of chimes sounds great as the hummingbird hovers over it
- Cherry finish pine wood, 4 aluminum bronze square tubes, verdigris finished cast aluminum windcatcher and bird accents
- Length: 25" Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring / knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Beautifully finished, provides years of pleasure in a garden, in your home or as a gift
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today